Small changes to your eating habits can make a huge impact on your health and well-being.
Use these simple tips to make healthy eating choices that helps you to achieve or maintain a healthy weight and protect your joints:
- Eating proper portions is key to weight management and, in turn, lightening the load on your joints.
- Supplementing your diet with a multivitamin is a good way to get the vitamins and minerals you may lack by not eating a well-rounded diet.
- Increase your calcium rich food intake, because a diet rich in this important mineral helps to keep your bones sturdy and can lower your risk of osteoporosis.
- Avoid eating at fast food restaurants. But if you must, try to make the healthiest choices. Opt for grilled meat instead of fried meat.
- Recent research suggests that vitamin C may help reduce the risk of developing osteoarthritis.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, found in cold-water fish, such as salmon and mackerel, play a role in an anti-inflammatory diet.
- Instead of eating two or three big meals, try spreading out your munching into several smaller meals throughout each day.
- Reduce caffeine intake. Studies show that; too much caffeine may weaken your bones.
It is estimated that; around 160 million Americans are either obese or overweight. Nearly three-quarters of American men and more than 60% of women are obese or overweight.
Keep moving, stay healthy
Using the right knee support that can handle large thigh size is important to help you through the journey of weight loss. Maintaining an active life style is the corner stone of every weight loss journey.